Papercrafts, mixed media and foamiran flower projects to inspire

Saturday 23 February 2019

Memories



Today I am sharing a mixed media project made with products from a subscription box from the lovely company Craft Box - this UK company has recently started shipping to the States and is clearly going from strength of strength although that will come as no surprise to those of you who already buy from Anna Hersom - I just hope that with all the doom and gloom around Brexit that her supply of Snipart from Marta in Poland is not disrupted as I use this stuff by the bucket full. Anyway enough of politics and on with my project.




I started by taking a very thick piece of kraft like paper with on old map image on, scrunched it up to add some texture and the adhered it to a canvas base approximately 11.5" by 16.5" and left it to dry overnight. I knew that I wanted to have a muted background and I had originally decided that I would use some crackle medium on it and then antiquing creams - instead I added a thick layer of gel medium and spread it using a brayer. - When this was dry I had a surface full of texture and decided I would just add the antiquing cream in a white shade on top before letting it "dry" - antiquing cream never fully dries so once touch dry I then used wet wipes to wipe off the excess until I liked the affect.





I chose by Snipart pieces and coloured them using CraftBox stencil pastes as paint - allowing the details etched into the chipboard pieces to show through. Before collaging the quote cards from the collection along with some pieces of the packaging and the post card supplies list to create my "story".






One of the 6 x 6 papers contained a lot of flowers and butterflies in complimentary colours so I spend some time fussy cutting these out and adding them to my project along with the stickers about travel notes also in the box of goodies.




I added some metal charms to the piece - most came from the original box but I did raid my stash for a few extras.



Finally I thinned the stencil paste used for colouring my Snipart pieces with some water and added splatters to the background.

I have to say that I was really pleased with the overall effect that I managed to achieve and hope that you do too.















































No comments:

Post a Comment