Papercrafts, mixed media and foamiran flower projects to inspire

Monday 18 February 2019

My first ATC's

I have had a hectic week and weekend - work as a surgeon is never simple but is so rewarding. I craft as a way of de-stressing and highly recommend that everyone finds their own way of escaping in to their happy place.


Today I thought I would share my first and second projects done for The Resin Embellishment Shop (FB page)/ www.craftallday.co.uk. Sarah the owner of the shop sent a box full of embellishments focusing on love - some of these were very obvious, some clearly suitable for wedding projects and some less obviously love focused.



My first project was a set of ATC's, as I normally work on much bigger formats I thought I would challenge myself and I have to say that I enjoyed working on this format a lot - the size means that projects can be quick but still have lots of layers a feature of my work which I think I would find difficult to compromise on.



 I used a stencil and paste to create a base layer and then added the resin pieces and feathers made using a silicon cake decorating mould and Stamperia cream paste. I added colours with acrylic paint and then added in the die cuts and lots of flowers before finishing with some words that I felt were appropriate.









My second project is a card, again using layers and this time some "lace" made with a lacey cake decorating mould and the cream paste. I knew that I wanted to use the bird pair and coloured this with paints to co-ordinate with the papers used for the background. The birds were layered on a paper doily and cut outs from the paper pad. 








To complete the project I added some swirly die cuts and foamiran flower made with white silk foam and  purple foamiran.  





I hope that you enjoy these quick projects and hope to post something more detailed next Monday as I have a long weekend off work so should be able to find the time to post a more complex make.

No comments:

Post a Comment